Wednesday, September 21, 2005

History Part II - The Death

Off we went, into the SnGs. Meek did okay in these. I was soon a good fraction larger. Nothing to brag about, but I felt Meek could continue to make me bigger. Oddly enough, the bonus didn't start to clear. The juice from the SnGs wasn't enough to get it going. Meek realized this, and tried some limit hold'em. He held his own, and then dropped some of me to other players. He couldn't get people to fold like he could in no limit. They would call their draws and get paid off. Obviously Meek was better suited for no limit, even though he wasn't great at that. He understood the play better there. By the time he realized this, I was injured. Not critically, but I noticed it.

After some more of this Meek had built me up a bit. Not much, but about 50% over my start. I don't think the bonus was ever cleared and PartyPoker took it back. Meek decided he wanted the seed money back, and pulled it back to his credit card. Something about wanting to play on the houses money only. Bastard. Cut me down low. Meek's not that good of a player. He tried to research on the internet, but all he found to read was shill sites with no content.

After some time hanging around this level, Meek got the bright idea of putting me all into a no limit cash game, waiting for a good hand and doubling me up - as he did time and time again with his play money poker bank roll. If I recall, he decided to go along with this plan. He found a game on PartyPoker where the average stack was as big as I was. That was intimidating for me, but Meek didn't care. I was as big as their buy in. I, in my entirety, was sitting on a no limit table. I tried not to let the other bankrolls notice this. They probably did not, as it was just a little part of them there. Meek played a few rounds waiting to spring the trap. Each round was skimming off a good 2 percentage of me! Hopefully, this would happen quick Either double up or die, no grinding slow death. After four rounds, I think Meek realized this. He h! adn't got any pocket pairs at this point. Meek got an AJo. I think he realized he had to get something to play soon or his double up would end up getting him back to where we started. Meek was able to limp with the AJo and see the flop with two others. The flop was ragged, but with a Jack high! Just what Meek was waiting for I hope. He bet and was raised. A third of me is in the table, mixed with the bets from other bank rolls. This is what Meek was waiting for so he pushed. There I am in the middle of the table, in purgatory. I am no longer Meek's PBR. I do not belong to anyone until the end of the hand. Yes, Meek has a 'ownership share' of me and the other chips out here, but until the last card is dealt, Meek has no PBR and I belong to all the players. Odd feeling really, I didn't get time to flesh this out as it was overwhelming. Maybe I can revisit this later to describe it better, but! it was so quick. I didn't get the chance to feel it before as I was never 'All in'. It was only portions of me speculatively trying to bring back more chips. Anyway, back to the play. Meek was called by a higher pocket pair. I was gone, at 0. I was gone for about a year. Meek moved to the country, lost his broadband connection, switched to dial up, and started building a house. There was no Poker Bank Roll.
(To be continued)

1 comment:

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Poor PBR..how could you do it? And live with yourself?