Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rebirth of a Blog

When I created MeeksPBR blog, I wanted to do something I felt was interesting. I would be more apt to keep it going. You can see where that got me, big archive gaps. It was an interesting concept, I thought. Having my bankroll be the author would ensure that I posted(1) only about poker.
(1- I'll use posted here and not wrote. I don't to confuse what I do with writing. For that you can see other blogs and links)
However, that was also it's downfall. I handcuffed the blog to only be about the results and the grinding. Maybe a better writer would have gotten more out of it.

I am ditching my mask, and posting as me. Will this save me from being a shill? Is it too late? Will Meek drop his roll chasing flushes? Or will he cash it all out to get snookered in an underground 5/10 game in Lima, Ohio? Tune in next week for 'As the MeeksPBR Turns.'

For this do-over, I am going to give you guys a few things: a status report and a name. The status report I'll save for the next post. The name I'll knock out right now. I need a nickname to address my audience. I'll steal this from Stephen King and his 'constant readers.' Not that it is stealing if I reference Mr. King, and not that I have readers, constant or otherwise. The majority of my traffic comes from two sources, web crawling search engine bots and the searchers who accidentally get misled to this site by those bots. From here forward, I'll refer to you affectionately as 'Wayward Searcher.'

So until the next post, Wayward Searcher . . .

2 comments:

Littleacornman said...

I really enjoyed your pbr posts but I can only imagine how hard it would be to keep that going.

Look foward to your first status report.

Acornman the semi-regular checking for updates type reader...

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your post. Absolutely excellent information and very useful for me. Great done and keep posted. Looking forward to reading more from you.