Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I dub thee 'Exalted Protector of the Cards'

Earlier this month, the heads up Goddess ran the Heads Up Challenge 3. Will Wonka took first place in this event and part of the prize package was a customized card protector. If you recall a previous post on this site, (of course you don't, Wayward Searcher, I know you only stumbled across this poker blog with your search for 'extra large rainbow colored stretch pants caught in dryer' mysteriously dropped you here.) I was in the market for a customized card protector. Having recently found a legal poker room down the road in Bellefontaine, Ohio, my desire has since increased.

Crappy cards look so much better with a one ounce piece of .999 fine silver on top of them. Furthermore, that talisman actually helps to attach a table image to yourself. There is a post on another blog that references this concept. Other players tie your actions into that hunk of metal, and better remember what you are trying to show them. If you fold for a half an hour and then suddenly put your card protector out there on the cards, they more easily remember that you haven't played many hands.

Luckily, Veneno is within my rather small circle of communication (College-educated talk for I got her YIM id (Nerd talk for Puedo hablar con ella (Spanish for I know how to reach her))) and she pointed me in the right direction. After going through the company's website, I've settled on the custom image double side protector. I've placed my order, but I'm waiting for them to ask for my customized graphics. Here is the custom design I am going to submit.



Note: My signature will be on top of the outline of the state of Ohio. I thought it would be wise to remove it from public display on the internet. Poker is rigged, and people steal your identities, or so I hear.

I'll do my best to keep you, Waywaryd Searcher, updated on the progress. If anyone has experience with these guys, please let me know in the comments. Their site was lacking on examples of drawings turned into custom protectors.

My last post (or you could just page down instead of hitting the link) was a review of the Chip Tree from H2I. I've noticed that they reference my review, and put it second, below Biggestrons! However, they pulled out the lame "well built chip display" as the quote. I thought they'd go with "looks like it can withstand several forehead slaps." or "If you constantly have idiots at your homegame (and you should) who need to be reminded the value of the chips, this is the product that will do that." but alas, they did not. I will email them to see what their line of thought was. If not for laziness, I'm guessing they needed smaller endorsments.

3 comments:

DuggleBogey said...

Very nice looking card protector!

TripJax said...

very cool meek...

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Hey Meek that looks really cool!!!