Saturday, April 01, 2006

Little Orphan Annie is full of shit.

My Poker Bank Roll is at zero. I have hit the felt.

Yesterday, I had a very strong feeling that today would be sunny. The local weatherman, Jym Ganahl , said it 'most likely would be' sunny. That's bankable. The furthest he usually goes is 'a good chance' of sun 'in areas'. I did more research. I checked the radar. I examined the dopplers. I verified the super duper dopplers, the dandy dual double-down dopplers. I picked four blades of grass, held them up between two fingers and released them. I consulted tarot cards. I watched the leaves on the old oak tree. I sent smoke signals. I phoned my uncle Paul and asked how his knee was doing. I scanned the sunset for sailors delight. Every possible sign pointed to sun today. It was a great bet. I moved all of my bankroll, sans the odd cent, to weather.com. I bet my bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.

Don't you know it rained all day. Little Orphan Annie is full of shit.






That's my thinly veiled April Fools Day post.

No comments: