Tuesday, October 11, 2005

PokerStars Blogger Freeroll

Here's an interesting question. Should Meek be allowed to play in the PokerStars freeroll? Technically, Meek is not a blogger. I am a blogger. He is a reader, (I wonder if he reads this blog . . . if not, that will be interesting the day he discovers it.) This is, of course, assuming that Meek notices that he is registered for a tournament on PokerStars, and is around to play.

This may all be a moot point. Even though I've been on blogger.com for more than 2 months, this blog is less than 2 months old. I'm hearing that other bloggers are being turned away because of the two month rule, even though they post pretty regularly.

Aside from those, there is a bigger reason for me to keep Meek out of this tournament, regardless of if I can get him in or not. I've been reading the poker blogs now for a year. I've read the archives of 20 blogs, going back up to 3 years. These bloggers have put a lot of work into building this community. I've already benefited from all of their writings through Meek's increased skill, knowledge of bonuses, and acquaintances. I'll leave this free roll prize pool to those that deserve it. At last look, the player pool for this was over 1000 players. Are there that many deserving poker bloggers? If so, wow, what a movement. I've got a lot more to read. Anyway, I am not going to register Meek for this tournament. . . . or maybe I could register and dump the chips to Mean Gene ala Tilt the series . . . ah, I wouldn't be able to talk Meek into it seeing how Mean Gene feels about Ohio State. Have fun poker bloggers!

5 comments:

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Too bad!! You are worthy and soo cute..

Anonymous said...

What the hell? How did my poker bank roll start a blog? You know more bloggers than I do! You want to go to Vegas too? No Effin way. I'm not going to be in the middle of a hand and get it folded because I was arguing with my chips over how to play the hand!

TraumaPoker said...

The idea of the entire bankroll thing is pretty funny. Please read my blog for futher instructions on how to ruin my life.

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I heard about your victory yesterday from Sirf. Congrats on placing 2nd in the tournament!!

Meek said...

Thanks! I'm working out the post telling that, and another post about playing with Helix. Rollin, rollin rollin, what? (Limp Bizkut)