Monday, October 31, 2005

Update

There haven't been any posts in the last week because I didn't think there was anything interesting to post about. I thought I'd give a general update though.

Hit a 5th place finish in a Titan rebuy for $80 or so. Got lucky on 3 hands and didn't deserve this one. That win pushed me over $1k for the first time. I've been hovering there. Half of that is in PokerRoom right now. I'm half way through a PSO offer for a set of chips, and about a quarter way through their $200 bonus. It seems to be a nice site. Not as tight as Absolute. Also, some nice freerolls scattered about, if you bother to check your accounts and claim the tickets every day after playing.

PartyPoker is approaching their




They have a giveaway where the tables that play the 2,955,000,000 hand and on up by 5,000,000 increments get a prize. Also noteworthy is that each time one of these milestone hands hits, they are having a freeroll for $20k in the next hour. I think this is worthwhile to chase. Reading the notice, it appeared that this would count hands on play money tables also, but with a lesser pay out. My plan was to open 10 of those, and just raise or fold to see if I could hit the hand.
Last night, the first iteration was getting close. When I opened the play table, the hand count on that was in the 50 billions. I changed my plan. I had about $150 on Party, so I thought I'd open up 10 of the $.5/1 tables with $15 each, and raise or fold on those. I started them up at hand 2,954,800,000 and played them out. That was very hectic to say the least. I missed the hand, but not by much. The closest hand I had was 2,955,000,018. I logged off all those tables as the BB rolled around, and went to cashier to check the damage. Surprisingly, I had made $30! Something to think about, there. Maybe I should try this ten table nut peddle and see how that goes on a longer basis. There are worse things to cap out the dial up connection and cause seizures.

I stayed around for the freeroll with 3499 others. I made it past the first break, and was in better than average shape with 1500 left. I hit the wall there though.
I'm guessing the next big hand will hit this afternoon.

Also, Vegas Wednesday. We'll see what kind of trip report I can provide.

No comments: